Dengan nama Allah yang Maha Pemurah lagi Maha Penyayang,selamat dan salam ke atas junjungan besar Nabi Muhammad S.A.W

Thursday, February 18, 2010

CHINESE NEW YEAR !

GONG XI FA CAI


According to the chinese calendar,1959 is the year of the tiger.
Now I am 51 years old,it is year of the tiger again.
When I was in form 5,my chinese teacher invited my friend and I to her house to celebrate Chinese New Year.
We were given sweets,bottle drinks,oranges,packets of groundnuts,kuaci,ice-cream and cooked food as a meal (cakes).
It was a brief visit but perhaps a step closer for us in learning about people from other races and their cultures.
When I grew older,I learnt more about the Chinese New Year.
Gong Xi Fa Cai means 'wishing you to enlarge you wealth'.
So a literal translation is that you wish someone will become very rich,but the phrase is generally used as Happy New Year.

p/s : To the chinese,Gong Xi Fa Cai